I aim to make the systems and laws that govern reality simple to understand. In other words, to give a straightforward description of how the world around us works.
I do this because I believe the fundamental explanations of reality lead us to the most suitable course of action.
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough” - Albert Einstein.
To comprehend complex ideas, we need to understand the basics of logic. If someone can only describe something using intricate words, high-level abstractions, or highly specific comparisons, they likely don't understand what they're talking about. Hammering down the basics is the best way to build our knowledge.
I describe these basic building blocks of knowledge as well as apply them to construct techniques for optimal selection, execution, and learning. This includes strategies for:
- Reasoning in the face of complex systems
- Setting killer goals
- Consuming information effectively
- Running and coordinating your teams & businesses
- Optimizing energy and attention levels
- Taking responsibility (only) for all that you can control
What I’m currently working on
- 📑 The 5 acts model → My definitive breakdown of how the world works and how to apply the knowledge gained from it
- ✉️ The Do-It newsletter → Every month I share what I'm working on and enjoying
- 📂 Notion templates → Like Life Goals OS. A complete goal-management system.
- 📱 Apps → like: the Remynder Ritual Goalbot, which helps you set and accomplish goals
This is the place for you if you also enjoy these topics:
- Reality, human nature, and science
- Leaving the world better than you found it
- Improving your effectiveness through self-awareness and specifying your intentions
- Social and Technological innovations with a focus on decentralization
- Human Progress and effective altruism
- Popperian epistemology
And, probably the wrong place if you're a fan of:
- Merely optimizing how efficient or productive you are
- Talking about issues but not solving them
- Short-term zero-sum success over long-term win-win dynamics
- (Tech) doomsday prophecies following the precautionary principle
- Believing that unsolvable problems exist
- Unfalsifiable theories such as macroeconomics and postmodernism
I’m a techy with strong organizational and leadership skills:
- Active within and founder of social impact initiatives since 2018
- From design intern to product manager to COO at Formelio. From start-up to scale-up to stay-up. 2018 - 2023 and running
- Notion evangelist since 2020
What I believe in
- Human Progress
- Critical rationalism (Popperian & Deutschian Epistemology)
- Optimalism & Effectiveness
- Multiversal reality
- Rational optimism
I seek to bridge the gap between complex theories and real-world applications by making dense information understandable, decision-making simple, and murky problems clear.
I believe strongly in practicality, and Notion is a great way to structure highly flexible workflows. Check them out here:
© 2022 - Edwin for Edwindoit.com
It's all about action here